23 March 2007

Good call or desperate donk call?

Well, it has been an experience trying to find the hands I wanted to talk about from Wednesday's Daily Double. I had written myself some comments while I was playing so I could review my play at a later time. I need to figure out how to identify these hands better or this will continue to take me forever.

Any case I was able to find one hand. It was a very questionable play on my part that worked out well. As you can see here, I raised from mid pos. with 8-9 off. I was really hoping for a steal of the blinds, but was called by the SB. I caught second pair on the flop with a backdoor straight draw. When the SB bet the pot (which was 64% of his stack) I though long and hard. I felt he was weak by betting so much so I finally made the call.

Do you think this was a good call?

Unfortunately I lasted only 25 more hands, but did cash almost enough to pay for both tournies.

No comments: