30 March 2007

Villain Fills Up

I've been trying to find a good hand converter. So lets see how this looks.


Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter


Stack sizes:
UTG: $8.10
UTG+1: $27.05
CO: $35.35
Button: $30.40
SB: $47.25
J3: $47.75


Pre-flop: (6 players) J3 is BB with :ac :9d
4 folds, SB calls $0.25 (pot was $0.75), J3 raises to $1.5, SB calls $1 (pot was $1.5).


Flop: :ah :3c :as ($3, 2 players)
SB checks, J3 checks.

(I am really thinking this is a good opportunity to trap. I have position on the villain, The flop comes rainbow and a straight draw seems very unlikely.)

Turn: :kc ($3, 2 players)
SB bets $2, J3 raises to $4, SB calls $2 (pot was $9).

(Now the King of Clubs gives reasonable straight draw and a flush draw so I raise. I believe my raise was too small here. )


River: :8c ($11, 2 players)
SB checks, J3 bets $6, SB raises to $15, J3 calls $9 (pot was $32).

(Here is where I make my biggest mistake. I didn't spend anytime putting my opponent on a hand after the river. I resorted to simple 1 level thinking. There are many hands that beat me. Any 2 clubs, a better A, or I could have been slowplayed with a flopped boat.)


Results:
Final pot: $41

I have also added a screen shot below showing the villain catching the 2 outer on the river.




I am not sure of how I can make this same situation profitable. Can it be profitable with calling the river here? I still believe this is a good opportunity for a trap. This was a battle of the blinds where I was in position.

My real problem with this hand was my thinking on the river. I think maybe some time with this hand on PokerStove will give me an idea of what range of hands I can have my opponent on and still profit with a river call.

No comments: