21 March 2007

More Backround

I need to give everyone reading some background in my poker playing.

I have been playing online for about 18 months. I had played some before that for playchips on ESPN poker. I also took a break for a few months during the last 18 months because I had lost my bankroll and the holiday season was tighting up my wallet.

The very first week I played I deposited $50 to Party Poker and $100 to Full Tilt. I don't recall how long my $ lasted at Party Poker, but I really liked FT more. That may have to do with the fact that the very first MTT I played was a $20 +$10 Hurricane Katrina benifit tourny. I finished in the money and knocked out 'pro' Aaron Bartley and got a bounty worth the $20 entry fee (I also got a T-shirt in the mail).

For the first year or so I didn't keep track of any of my results, but had both some good periods and some bad. I wasn't until about (3) months ago that I started being more serious about improving my game. I starting using the Check Your Bets website to track my results. I have also discovered a plethera of sites like sharkscope and thepokerdb that track all kinds of MTT and SNG results. You can use these sites to lookup other players results. I have also recently discovered the Official Poker Player Rankings website. I owe most of these discoveries to the forum at Card Player.

Enough background for now. I will talk about some hands from the Daily double at Full Tilt that I played last night in my next post.

No comments: