11 May 2007

Super Sat to FTOPS IV Event #3 Win

I won another of these 45 person $1 rebuy tournaments. I got off to a pretty poor start though. I was willing to rebuy a few times trying to double up with less than premium hands. I lost 3 all-ins pretty fast, 2 of which I was about a coin flip. The other one got 3 callers all with better hands than my K-10. I had decided not rebuy if I was busted again. I picked up J-J and get some more chips, but not quite a double up. Rebuy period ended and I did the add-on. I was amazed to see my ~4500 stack as high on the leader board.

Seems like few who play these tournaments have much of a clue of good rebuy or satellite strategy. Check out this screenshot from another rebuy:




It is about the end of the rebuy period and there are only 24 of 45 people left. Most of the people who left didn't even rebuy once. What I find most interesting is that they would be all-in with weak hands like they could rebuy, but then just leave.

I won a decent pot with A-A that I tried limping UTG. I only ended up winning a side pot and doubled someone up. I ended up winning a huge pot on BB with 7-8. I caught trips on the flop and slow played the flop. I played it fast on the turn and on the river I pushed and thought I was done when both players I was in the hand with called. Both of them had me covered. I had almost half the chips with 9 players left and never looked back.

Also the shorthanded shortstack play was just awful by most of the players.




Now hopefully I can win my way to the big event. I at least hope I don't get real unlucky like the last big satellite I was in.

No comments: