19 May 2007

Why First Place Is So Imprtant

I have been continuing to have success at the $5 SNG. I have now played 45. I started off only really playing 1 table at a time. I am now playing 2 table pretty comfortably. I plan to move up to 3 tables soon. I have been in the money in nearly half of the 45 so far. My ROI is 25.5%, but it still moves around an awful lot with each one I add. I realize that I have to play many more before that number is very accurate.

I noticed a couple days ago after I had played 5 SNGs that I had a losing session. It was disappointing because I cashed in 2 and bubble another. So I had finished in the money 40%, but my ROI was negative. I had finished 2nd and 3rd. I had already known the importance of finishing in 1st, but it really hit me there.

I also realized that overall I was not getting 1st enough. I feel like I have been very aggressive on the bubble and been finishing in 4th alot also. I have mostly been losing the heads up match at the end and coming in 2nd. I think I may be too aggressive at this point sometimes. I have been caught stealing and not wanted to play for all the chips too often.

My updated graphs:


No comments: