22 July 2007

My First Fifty-Fifty

I started off well. I doubled up and won another pot in the first level. In the second level I picked up 10-10 and flopped a set on a J-10-7 board. There were 2 others who saw the flop and I had position on them both. The fist guy shoves for almost 3x pot. The second guy calls all-in. I have them both covered by alot and figure I'm ahead. I make the call to see 8-8 and A-K. So 8-8 catches a 9 on the river for a straight. I'm still an above average stack, but never really get anything going after that. I last 2 more hours and end up shoving back at the button raise. I have A-J and he calls with 3-3. Ugh, I don't improve and I'm out.

I hope to play many more of these 50-50 tournaments. There are a few sats I can afford. I still plan on focusing on the SNGs. They provide me with a good bankroll building opportunity. I think if I can continue playing them well I'll find my bankroll in the $1000's before too long. That being said I need to stop spending my bankroll on too many other things that keep it from growing faster.

No comments: