11 February 2008

HUC6 Round 2

My first round opponent was Rubbarose. We had a difficult time scheduling our match. We finally started on Sunday around 9pm. I don't recall many of the hands and I don't have the history on my work computer. It was a number of hands before much action. I won a huge pot leaving him only T60 with 15/30 blinds. The next 2 hands were all-in with him winning both of them. The action and chips stacks were constant for a while with him slowly accumulating. I doubled him up again to around T800. He took control for a while and took the chip lead a little while longer without a showdown.

Then came the hand that would end up deciding it. I raised OTB with A-9. He called and we saw a flop of J-8-5. We both checked and the turn was a 7 giving me the double gutter. He put in a near pot sized bet that I called. I figured myself for 11 outs. 3 for the A and 8 for the straight. The river was a 6 and I min-raised his river bet leaving him very little again. This time he would not catch back up and I had taken game 1. He ended up showing J-8 for the flopped 2 pair. I had certainly got lucky to go runner-runner.

Rubbarose then declined the rematch wanting to concentrate on his deep run in the 13.5k and FTOPS #9. He would later bubble the FT of the 13.5k and bubble the $ in the FTOPS event. I guess with the combination of bubbling the 2 tourneys and losing to my questionable turn call and lucky river he decided to not play it out and forfeit round 1 to me.

Next up - RecessRampage

No comments: