12 February 2008

Out of HUC6 in round 2

I lost a somewhat long quality HU match to RecessRampage. Again I have no hand histories on my work computer, but there weren't many showdowns to speak of. Neither one of us got too comitted to many pots. Most of the chips passed with well times reraises or post flop raises.

I won the 1st, but couldn't take down the 2nd or 3rd. I got off to a nice lead in the 2nd, but squandered it away. I lost some of my confidence and it showed in the 3rd. RecessRampage raised about twice as many pots as the first 2 and I rarely found any cards to fight back with. When I fought back with nothing he either had a hand or saw right through it.

I somewhat recall 1 hand where I think I played it very poorly and cost me greatly. I think it was in the 2nd one. I checked on the turn with 2nd pair on a double suited board with 2 aces. I led out on the river that didn't fill the flush feeling I had the best hand. Unfortunately I only represented exactly what I had or worse. RecessRampage raised the river and fearing him having an A, i couldn't find the call button. I think I need to either bet the turn or call the river. If he calls or raises the turn I can be done with the hand for cheaper.

Either way a quality match played by RecessRampage.

2 comments:

Alan aka RecessRampage said...

Great game last night. It was a pleasure. And btw, that hand where the A paired that you talk about, good fold. I had KK. :)

free poker said...

The free poker games are too tough, unless you are playing at a totally worthless limit. Don’t fool yourself with a sprint of good luck in the beginning, before the other players judge any sense of your play.