29 April 2007

Some moderate success

I finally had some moderate success yesterday. My plan lately was to try to satellite into the $400k guarantee. I also had some attempts at satelliting into a FTOPS event. After a couple tries and no success I decided I would use all but my last $100 to try to satellite into a large event. This left me about $20.

I did end up winning a 45 person $1 rebuy SNG satellite to the $50 +5 satellite to the $400k. I also entered two freeroll tournaments at almost the same time. One was a PPA $2500 freeroll. The other was a 315 person level 1 Main Event qualifier.

The PPA freeroll was actually played something like a real $ tourny by most entrants. I ended up placing in about 80th out of about 900 people. I never really got much going and was a shortstack for most of the way. It was easy to not get involved with less than premium holdings or less than desireable position while I was playing the two other tournaments.

I also ended up winning the 315 level 1 qualifier. These tournaments start off pretty crazy. I didn't keep notes on many hands and haven't figured out Poker Tracker enough to find the key hands. I played very tight for much of it, but was pretty much all-in if I had a hand for the majority of the tournament. I was just hanging in there until one hand where I pushed from UTG with a suited A and M=~4. I got 5 callers including 4 more all-ins (and was actually ahead of 3 of them). I ended up sextupling up when I caught my flush on the river. This gave me plenty of chips to make it to the final table where I proceeded to dominate the table.




So if nothing else I have got some confidence back. I hope I can use it to make the $400k and hopefully cash as well.

I do have some hand histories to discuss. Both good plays and bad. I'll need to spend some time reviewing them before I post them though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you need something more sophisticated than the note taking facilities provided by the poker rooms, you can search the internet for 3rd party poker software which allows you to take notes on poker players.

Look for features that allow you to add your own individual abbreviations, notes and traits.

Lots of top professional poker players have admitted that they keep poker notes and that the notes give them a winning edge.

How to keep notes on poker players